Applications for candidates to participate in the selection of Ukrainian Youth Delegates to the UN are opened! Submit your application and maybe you will represent the state at the General Assembly in New York in 2020!
Ukrainian Youth Delegate to the UN is:
- An annual program to present the position of Ukrainian youth in the world and disseminate the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Experience of representing the state at the UN and opportunity to learn from Ukrainian diplomats;
- Networking with the world’s most active youth;
- Development in the fields of public diplomacy, project management, communications and analytics.
Requirements for applicants:
- Citizenship of Ukraine
- Age 20-27 years old
- High level of English language proficiency
- Experience in tackling youth-related issues
In order to participate in the selection, you must:
- Fill out a short online form: https://bit.ly/3fRfbI8
- Take a video * and share it on your Facebook and / or Instagram page
- Download and fill out the application form: bit.ly/3bwy3sm
- Prepare a CV for 1 page
- Combine the application and CV into one PDF document, name it in the format «LastName_FirstName UN Youth Delegate Application 2020» and send to email@example.com
* In the video (up to 1 minute) you should tell us in English about the responsible actions you are already taking to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. The thoughts you share in the video will be able to inspire many people to implement new «sustainable» habits to benefit the environment and society.
- Video format: any (from selfie to animation)!
- Duration: up to 1 minute.
- Language: English.
- Summary: tell why this or that Sustainable Development Goal is important to you, how you plan or already contribute to its achievement. It can be anything! For example, a call to action through art, charity, or simple daily habits. Big or small — any action matters (for inspiration you can read the Declaration of Human Responsibility of Bohdan Havrylyshyn and «Tips for the lazy how to save the world»).
The video should be freely available on one of the social networks Facebook or Instagram (optional — on both). The title or description of the video should include the following: «#action_responsible for achieving the Sustainable Development Goal [Goal number]: [short goal name] @uayouthdalegate».
Your video will automatically enter the competition and may be eligible to be shown during the mission of youth delegates to the General Assembly in New York. So that we can keep it in case of your victory, fill out this short form.
- Deadline: June 12 (23:59).
- The language of filling in the online form, application form, and CV in English.
- Only those applicants who fulfill all the conditions are allowed to participate in the competition.
The program is implemented by the Bohdan Havrylyshyn Family Foundation in cooperation with the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine. The Ukrainian community in New York, especially the NGO Razom for Ukraine, provides active organizational support to the program.
If you have any questions, please write to the Ukrainian Youth Delegate to the UN Facebook page or www.instagram.com/uayouthdelegate.