Would you like to speak on behalf of the Ukrainian youth at the United Nations Headquarters in New York? Do you dream of exploring how the UN works from the inside and try yourself as a diplomat? Are you ready to volunteer and work for youth with the youth-led organizations in Ukraine for the whole year? Then the «Ukrainian Youth Delegate to the UN» program is right for you!
Applications for candidates to participate in the selection of Ukrainian Youth Delegates to the UN are opened!
Submit your application and maybe you will represent the state at the General Assembly in New York in 2021!
Ukrainian Youth Delegate to the UN is:
An annual program to present the position of Ukrainian youth in the world and disseminate the Sustainable Development Goals;
Experience of representing the state at the UN and opportunity to learn from Ukrainian diplomats;
Networking with the world’s most active youth;
Development in the fields of public diplomacy, project management, communications and analytics.
Requirements for applicants:
- Citizenship of Ukraine
- Age 20-27 years old
- High level of English language proficiency
- Experience in tackling youth-related issues
In order to participate in the selection, you must:
- Fill out a short online form: https://forms.gle/eHKxHH6C6Kgtx5oT6
- Take a video * and share it on your Facebook and / or Instagram page
- Prepare a CV for 1 page
* In the video (up to 1 minute) you should tell us in English about how do you improve or contribute to improving life in your community. The thoughts you share in the video will be able to inspire many people to implement new «sustainable» habits to benefit the environment and society.
- Video format: any (from selfie to animation)!
- Duration: up to 1 minute.
- Language: English.
The video should be freely available on one of the social networks Facebook or Instagram (optional — on both).
Deadline: June 6 (23:59, Kyiv time).
The language of filling in the application form, and CV in English.
Only those applicants who fulfill all the conditions are allowed to participate in the competition.
The program is implemented by the Bohdan Havrylyshyn Family Foundation in cooperation with the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine. The Ukrainian community in New York, especially the NGO Razom for Ukraine, provides active organizational support to the program.